Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Lighting

Now it was time to upgrade the lighting in the car. My headlight bulb went out so i needed to replace it and its best to replace both bulbs at the same time.
A single Xenon HID bulbs will cost over $100 at your BMW dealer.
I believe Autozone and similar auto parts stores are selling them no cheaper then $100 dollars.
I shopped around online to look for deals and wanted the light output to be more blue. Here is a graph of different colors available:

I had 12K on my Lexus and didnt have no luck with them, lest just say COPS didnt like them so they asked me to take them off.
For my bimmer I decided to get 10K. I loved the 12K too much but I decided not to risk it and get 10K.

The bulb type that E65 E66 BMW's take is D2S.
Here is what it looks like:
I picked up 10K HID bulbs online for under $20 dollars. I had them for almost 3 years now and they're working as good as the $100+ dollars ones.

Here is the result, I know camera doesnt do the justice and it does not look exactly like in real life but trust me, it looks good!


 Another few future mods I had in mind is:
  • New Angel eye brights (AIB)
  • HID fog lights
  • LED ligts such as turn signals.

No comments:

Post a Comment